Have a cold beer with an old friend under the warm Texas stars. Black Gold was created for the mystic western game jam hosted by Juegos Rancheros.
- "...the sort of simulation that devotes itself to capturing a feeling." Killscreen
- "Imagine Kentucky Route Zero with one scene and done entirely in monochrome..." Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "...scrumptious artwork and appropriately twangy guitar music, Black Gold is the best thing I've played all week." PC Gamer
- "It’s easy to get lost in the moments Black Gold centers on." Game Informer
- Developer: Conor Mccann
Composed and played by Chris Schlarb
Audio engineering by Devin O'Brien
Recorded at BIG EGO, Long Beach, CA
- Software: Adobe Animate CC
- Sound effects provided by these fine folks at freesound.org:
Cabeeno Rossley, Felix Blume, Editor ADP, bdunis4, zywx, Cognito Perceptu, dwsd, Robinhood76, supersnd, fedefrede, juskiddink and willstepp.
- Released 06.30.2016
- The location is based off an oil well near my house.
- The entire project lasted about a week.
- Constellations in the background show up randomly.